Now I am not new to the idea of quilting as my Aunt K creates wonderful quilts for her friends and family (yahoo that I am in that category). I made a quilt, with one of my friends from home when I went off to college and I several of my friends Mum's are quilters. Quilts are an amazing art and I am always touched to know how much time and effort goes into making a quilt for someone. I have several quilts that belonged to my great grandparents and other long ago family members and it warms my heart to feel all the love and thought in each one. This is never more obvious than when you take the time to make one yourself.
In total I think it took me about twelve hours to make the quilt ... and I love it! I can not wait to curl up with it on my couch, or fold it neatly over the back of a chair in my living room - letting it turn my house into a home.

3 comments:
that is lovely :) now I am inspired to get back in that quilting quad!
We say whilst in Winston County.
Did you do it by hand or on a sewing maching?
Post a Comment