Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Whole Bottle of Anti-Acids.

That is what I am going to need by Saturday of this week ... a whole bottle of anti-acids. Maybe two! Why?

It goes like this. When you take your supervisors to the airport for their five day business trip and you walk away with something that looks like this (as well as the car they go to), the level of responsibility changes drastically. It is a responsibility I have not had since coming here. It is one I have not missed much. I cannot help but need a whole bottle of anti-acids!

I drove myself home from the airport (a quick fifteen minute trip) and all I could think was how weird it felt to be driving. I have not driven for seven months!? And to be driving in a strange city that I have never paid that close of attention to while driving because ... well, obviously I do not drive here much. Then the ever present realist in me chimed in.

What if something happens to the car while I have it? What if someone steals it while I have it? What if I get in an accident while driving it? What if I get stopped by the police? Plus, there is all the new things I have to adjust to ... new street signs I have never paid attention to, speed limits, lane changes without marked lanes, figuring out how to get where I am going all over again, stop lights that flash yellow twice, etc ... What if I park it wrong and get a ticket? What are the rules of driving around here - are there even rules to driving here?

Then there are all the thoughts like ... where should I go? What have I been wanting to do that required a car? What big things do I want to buy that I would like to have a car to transport them? Oh my goodness, this could be fun!

But those thoughts stem off in two directions. Do I have enough money to do all the shopping that I have been storing up this whole time? And, if I drive to much then I have to put petrol in the car! Haha.

Maybe you can understand why I am going to need so many anti-acids. I may just drive the car to and from the airport and call it a week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think if it rains you should find the old guy on the motor bike and drive by him. tu mama

The 4 Milams said...

Your a Vegas girl. Buck up! You can do whatever you set your mind to. ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

I like your mom's idea!
I think you should take a fun drive and then another for shopping. Once those two are done, park the car, put down the keys and be relieved you don't have to deal with motor traffic all the time. Love ya, Ant K

Shari Lutschkin said...

I love the way your new page looks and thoroughly enjoy the many photos of the fun you are having. Know I think of you daily.

A.F. said...

ata a girl you can handle a little thing like this.