Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm going all in.

My friend T manages a group of massage therapists for a company here in Vegas and she has spent the last five weeks of her life at the Rio Hotel managing for the World Series of Poker. I went down there today to hang out with her and of course – to check out the poker! I have secretly liked poker since I started playing it with Grandpa and I had a fantastic time milling about among those brave enough to enter the tournament (or those with enough money not to worry about losing $10,000). While I was disappointed that Daniel Negreanu, one of my all time favorite players didn’t play until tomorrow, I got to walk around a see a few faces I recongnised … like Patrik Antonius (arguably the nicest looking player on the circuit right now) and I saw Mike Sowers and Andrew Robl who are a couple young up and comers. The highlight of the afternoon was running into (okay … truth … I chased him down) Scotty Nguyen!

1 comment:

kristina said...

nice! this is why i love you! :)