The other day as I was coming home from work, I saw these flowers right outside my building. I stopped to take a picture. As I was taking my pictures and admiring the flowers the door man came outside to get some air. He is a nice, older gentleman who always speaks to me. He does not speak any English and he mumbles terribly when he speaks Russian - so I never really know what he is saying. As I got up to head inside, I saw him standing on the front stoop. He had a huge smile on his face as he started talking to me (a mile a minute), pointing to the flowers and then to me. About the only word I caught was flowers ... so I smiled back at him, kinda giggled and said "da da." He kept talking to me for a few more minutes and I added a few more da da's. Finally, I said good day and went in. I have no idea what the conversation was about ... but he still smiles at me and speaks to me when I see him. So at least I know I did not offend him somehow!
When I was putting the pictures on my computer I noticed the cute little bug sitting on the flower petal (left side). Maybe I should go down and tell the door man he has bugs in his flowers! Haha.

2 comments:
Beautiful flower...Cute bug...I am studying the book of Joshua over the summer and am reminded of you when I read the words "be strong and courageous", because that is what you are Susanna.
I so admire your bravery for being where you are and doing what you do...learning a language you didn't initially plan to learn. WOW! Jesus will bless your flexibility, sister!
You are in my prayers.
to the ugly bug ball, ha ha ha...now I will sing it all day. Thanks tu mama
Post a Comment