Wednesday, August 12, 2009
From A Peach.
What follows is an account of what happened to my recent purchase of several kilos of peaches. Oh, they were so good and fresh. They smelled wonderful and were juicy and sweet. Pure bliss!
I decided to give freezing a go (thanks to some inspiration from Mum and her cousin KH). I ended doing an whole gallon sized freezer bag full. They have been peeled, sliced, dipped in lemon juice and frozen solid! I already know they will be a wonderful treat come December or January.
The rest of the peaches donated themselves to my first ever peach cobbler! I did not want to get stuck eating the whole thing myself (that just does not bode well for race training) so I put out a message to my friends that I wanted to make a cobbler - but I did not want to eat it all myself. Several friends graciously volunteered to come over and help me with that delima! Sorry, the picture is of a half eaten cobbler ... I was to excited when it came out of the oven to stop and take a picture. Haha.
I love peaches. Yeah for peaches.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Yum! the cobbler looks great. Guess I'll have to make one now but I don't know if I'll be nice enough to share. Love ya Ant K
And you thought your only cooking skills involved maccaroni and cheese. Looks good. Paula would give you a blue ribbon. tu mama
I am salivating!!! pd
I can almost smell the deliciousness from here--looks very good. Wish I could share it with you over some milk or coffee.
Hi from Joy Mullins who lives in the Peach state. We love them too!
Post a Comment