More like ... slow train.
I am heading out east tonight with a volunteer team from Kentucky. We are going to a small village called Rovenki to do a free medical clinic for the people who live in the village and surrounding area.
This area is home to some significant coal mines and whilst Ukraine was under Soviet control the government would ship criminals and undesirables to this area to work the coal mines. Since the pull out of Soviet control (and money) the area has struggled financially; as there was no infrastructure to support the mines once the money left. The mines have become privatized and there is some resurgence in the quality of life for those living in the area. They are however, a hard and dark group of people. There are significant drug problems and a large portion of the population lives on the street. They have lived in hard times and have established their own way of thinking - the condition of their lives reflects all of those experiences. My friend O, who we will be working alongside has been redeemed from this exact lifestyle and now works to help others to find a better way of life.
I am excited about the experiences and interaction of this trip. I believe that it will be a great and challenging time. These are always the times (if I am watching), I see Him work the greatest. To infinity! And beyond ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment