Everywhere I have ever lived I have known my neighbors. Maybe not as best friends (though it has occurred) but I can at least identify them when they drive through the neighborhood. Things are a little different living in a high rise flat building. I do not know many of the people who live in my building and I can only identify a handful of them by sight. I really want to at least recognize a few of my neighbors ... so I devised a plan.
That plan included: Thanksgiving, cookies, cute ribbon and a little note.

Tonight, I rang doorbells. As I was getting my shoes on to go I laughed and thought
I wish I had kids so they could go and deliver these for me. Haha. I could make them do the delivering just like my Mum used to make my brothers and I. Alas, no such luck.
I ended up giving out all but one of the bags that I had made. It was so funny! I got to use the sentences I had been working on all week (all four of them) and I even deviated from those in conversation with two people. Oh life's simple joys. The quest to meet my neighbors is off to a good start. I am counting on a few more holiday treat sharing moments.
3 comments:
Good job. tu mama
So proud and excited for you. We were praying.
Well done! Will be interesting to see what comes from this welcoming approach and you even got to practice your Russian. Love ya Ant K.
Post a Comment