I spent New Year's Eve (and the wee hours of New Year's day) with a group of friends from church. We spent the night at church: eating, talking, laughing, playing games, acting out plays and doing whatever else came to mind. The party officially started at 23:00 (preparations began around 18:00) and I was headed to the bus stop by 7:30 the next morning. Ukrainians sure take their New Year celebration seriously! We even did a 2:30AM quest (scavenger hunt) which eventually lead us to a lakeside bonfire. I think that was my favourite part of the evening ... running around town, looking for clues and laughing like crazy when we had to call for help three times to find one of the clues!
Although, I have not pulled an "all nighter" in a considerably long time, I did well to stay awake all night. However, the following two day haze that I muddled through seems to prove that I do not bounce back quite as quickly as I used to. Haha.

1 comment:
and did the folks at the party get to know you better? I hope so. They should know now that you are a pretty terrific person. Of course I would not be prejudiced in any way :)
Wonder what your nickname will be next time.
stay warm. Love ya, Ant K
Post a Comment