Monday, December 28, 2009

Details.

Snowflakes are amazing! I have never seen ones like I have here. The snow we had last week brought out the biggest most amazingly detailed snowflakes I have ever seen (not that I am super familiar with snow ... ). Each little snowflake was big enough to see details that I thought only existed in paper cut out snowflakes that dangle in the windows. It is breathtaking to think of each little drop of water as it has fallen through frozen air collecting other water crystals to form a beautiful and unique snowflake.

All week this little snowflake has been on my mind. I can remember my amazement at realising how detailed a snowflake could be. It is wonderful to think of the detail that the Creator put into the process of creating one beautiful snowflake ... and overwhelming to think of how much more detail He is putting into the process of creating me to be the woman He intends me to be. Just as for the snowflake the process is hard and cold; it can come with clouds and storms. But if I will let it - it can also be an exquisite and dazzling display of love and provision.

5 comments:

Little S said...

Thanks for the encouraging post! What an amazing picture...and an amazing Creator!!

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

That is absolutely stunning!!! Thank you for posting! Took my breath away!

Anonymous said...

Wow--I have been acquainted with snowflakes all my life and never saw the exquisite detail in real life. Great analogy between snowflakes and human beings. Thanks. pd

Stacey said...

I love this photo! You have a gift - the eye - of photography. And I am also impressed with your camera equipment. Your writing inpires and brightens my day.

I enjoy learning more about the culture where you are as I read your blog. I can't tell you how many times I've retold your pumpkin story. Now I've got rug cleaning 101 to begin the New Year. Thank you, Susanna!

Happy New Year from the LV desert.

kb said...

Sanna!!!
It's just begun to snow again here, so I went outside to look at it (not the brightest idea since its freezing) but anyways, a snowflake landed on my shirt, and it was so detailed!!!! just like you saw!
it was awesome!