Tuesday, March 9, 2010

8 March.

8 March was International Women's Day.

The guys from the youth group at my church had a party for us girls on Saturday evening. It was entertaining. They had planned a few games, prepared dinner and some entertainment, along with a project.

I was most impressed that they made fresh sushi for us. It was quite good and very well made. They even made everyone use chop-sticks! It is a good thing I mastered those a long time ago ... otherwise I might have gone hungry. Whilst the ladies were eating the guys started coming into the room one at a time; each one carrying a scrap of paper with a blessing, wise saying or some other token of honour and a balloon filled with helium!?! I laughed out loud as each one took a turn sucking helium from their balloon and reading the words to us! Some of them were hesitant to suck the helium and were not as successful with the voice alteration as others - but it was hysterical.

One of the other things the guys had were 4x6 photos of spring flowers with a verse on the front. They handed these out to each of us and then asked us to write a wish we might have for our fellow women thru the year. After everyone had written something, the guys collected the photos, mixed them up and re-passed them out. So each woman received a wish of something for the year. Well, here is mine ...The general gist in translation is:
I wish for you to be a really good wife. For you to have many children. And for God to be with you in this.

MmmHmm. Yep. Happy Women's Day to me.

5 comments:

The 4 Milams said...

Sounds like God may have some more plans that you don't know about this year (HAHAHA)

Jamie said...

This made me giggle...the differences between our cultures is amazing. So, yes, happy women's day to you. :)

Anonymous said...

chuckle, chuckle, chuckle, chuckle - except that could be interpreted symbolically and then it is right on target, eh? we love you! from Henderson Hunts

Anonymous said...

I'll second the last phrase of God being with you - in every endeavor. Don't know that we're quite ready for the 1st two parts! Love ya Ant K

Shari Lutschkin said...

I so look forward to your new posts! I love sll the ones when you share pictures of flowers or friends but I think this one is my favorite so far...;D