Friday, March 19, 2010

They Got To Meet.

A couple of weeks ago my friend E and I were talking and she shared with me the possibility of her getting to visit America. She would be going along with a friend who had to attend a business expo. At the time we were hopeful E could get a visa to go. They processed their paperwork and waited, ran some extra errands to the US Embassy and waited and waited some more. Finally, on two days before they needed to be getting on the plane, E and her friends got notice that they had been awarded visas! Woohoo. She called me and we shared our excitement over this trip.

You see, E and her friends would be visiting two major cities in America. New York City and Las Vegas. Seriously, E was going to get to visit my city! We talked about where they should go, what they should see and where they should eat. I had to be careful not to impart my desire to go places and do things - I really wished I could be going with her! The best part is E was willing to take something to my parents for me!

So Mum and Pop got to meet my friend E! They met up on Monday afternoon and Mum played tour guide out to Red Rock, to Roberto's and to Marianna's grocery!

It is so fun to know that my parents got to meet some of my friends from here. But it made me really sad too. I wished with all my heart that I could be there hanging out with them too. It was hard knowing that E was getting to be with my parents and I was not. Hearing their stores of hanging out with E and her friends made me smile and I even laughed a few times at some of the questions they asked Mum. Oh, they are Ukrainian alright! Haha.

I am so glad that through this trip I was able to share a little bit extra of my life here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I checked Nancy's blog last week and got to see pictures. How wonderful that you were able to share your parents with your friend from Kyez. pd