Sometimes, I am jealous of my many blogging friends* who have cute little babies. How amazing it must be to have a back up post constantly on the ready?! Haha.
Have not experienced anything new, interesting or exciting? Post a picture of your cute little one and call it a day.
Tired, but feeling obligated to blog for the people back home? Post a picture of your cute little one getting into some kind of cute trouble and wha-la … you have a blog post and the family back home is satiated for another day.
And then there are the times when I have those thoughts in my mind; you know the ones. The ones that have not been flushed out, the ones that are difficult, the ones that make me feel insecure and vulnerable or the ones that only exist to highlight my failures and my own discrepancies. Often these are the thoughts that creep in and leave a negative mark on my soul – not exactly fodder for the blog!? There are all the situations and circumstances that exist in my daily life that I feel should be kept close to the heart rather than published throughout cyberspace for the planet to read (I have not mislead myself to think the entire planet is really interested in what I write … perhaps only a small portion. Haha). Plus, who really wants to read about my successes and failures with my food journal, my workout routine or my lack of excitement over cooking because I hate leftovers?!
It is in these times I think it would be fabulous to have a kid waiting in the wings to pose for a cute picture, or to do something completely silly that I could write about. Gosh, perhaps it would even work to have some kind of home remont project I was working on to post update pictures and to talk about. I am not sure how that would work because talking about my neighbors remont only brings visions of sitting in the dentist chair for days on end … usually neighborhood remont leaves me with a toothache and no pictures of the progress.
In the moments of normal life … I wish I had something that was nicer to post about than the grossly awful “summer scent” of public transportation. Although, perhaps it would rival a few diapers along the way!
*Note to my friends with cute little ones ... I love seeing your pictures and hearing your tales, so keep them coming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You make me laugh!! And you are oh so right...there are some days when I have nothing to say...so I will post a quick picture of Sadie and/or Jack...so now you have caught me...I guess I should write some meaningful words soon! :)
Love you!
Well, I love you posting those beautiful pictures of manicured gardens and northern hemisphere flowers and trees! And I love hearing you through words. It's refreshing even though I dislike hearing you struggle between the lines. I'm glad you haven't denied your right to not feel "great." Pressed but not crushed just came to mind. :) Blessings this week to you Dear Friend.
I have really enjoyed reading your blog! You have a lot of insight and often a funny story to throw in there. :) Your blog takes a lot more effort than mine. You are introspective and share what you are learning spiritually. I wish I had the guts to post more personal stories, but for now I just blog about the mundane surface level happenings of my life.
Keep blogging because I find a lot of encouragement from your posts!
Post a Comment