I walked in the door and instantly was greeted with hi’s and hello’s and a friendly smile. Once I introduced myself and said my name, there was instant recognition of who I was! It was a bit odd to be recognized as the “M” and I am still working on not laughing out loud with that revelation! I do not feel any different today than I did a year ago, I suppose that I feel a little different now than when I was a member of Calvary (but 25 years will do that to you!). I knew though, with each encounter, the family of Calvary had been preparing for my arrival – taking seriously their commitment to undergird me in prayer and love.
My time Sunday morning with my Idaho Falls family was wonderful. Thankfully, the bundle of nerves rummaging around in my belly did not keep me from delivering my presentation (the pictures went off without a hitch)! It was so fun when I met Mrs. J, my Sunday school teacher from when I was two years old! God was so gracious in showing me that even 26 years ago He was laying the foundation for me to follow Him. I was taught about the love of Christ and showed the same love by Mrs. J and the other teachers I had. Last weekend, God took the opportunity to re-introduce me to people He touched my life through. I will ever be thankful for servants of Christ who are willing to invest their lives in the little children.
It has been a long road over the past few months, working to line up churches and people to actively participate with me through prayer in the work that I am going to be doing. It has been amazing to watch things unfold between myself and my prayer partners in Idaho. I know that I can go forward fully confident that there are members of Calvary going before our Lord on my behalf and on behalf of my work.
I was so blessed by the honest love and acceptance poured over me by the members of Calvary and I know that I will continue to be blessed by them in the future.

No comments:
Post a Comment