Friday, August 29, 2008

McF Family.

Mrs. McF has been integral in connecting me to the body of Calvary and without her I would never have had the opportunity to meet with Calvary, nor would God have been able to bless me through them. It has been so cool to see God bring things full circle in my life. From my first moments of living down the street and around the corner from them to attending the same church to returning there this weekend, the McF family has been consistent participants in my life. I was thrilled to learn that their daughter R would be available to come up to Idaho for the weekend. I had been looking forward to seeing her again – and the weekend together only proved that time knows no boundaries.

I have been searching for several days now, trying to find a picture of R and me together. It was not like I was searching for that ONE picture or some picture that I was envisioning in my mind or that I remember the instant it was taken. No, I was simply looking for a picture of the two of us together where we were dressed! I am guessing that R and I must have been messy kids! Our mum’s removed our pretty dresses the Sunday we had chocolate pudding at church and on the afternoon we had watermelon in the yard and there ended up being several pictures of us during bath time! Well R, I am thankful to say that we now have a picture proper for public viewing!

We had lunch at the McF’s house after church and spent a good deal of the afternoon laughing and sharing life. I also learned how to make dolls out of lovely flowers. Mum and I had never seen them before. You know, flowers like that aren’t exactly in abundance around Vegas! Haha. However, I will be on the lookout for flowers like that in Scotland, because I now know how to make them into dancing ladies!
Even though several members of both families were MIA, catching up with the McF family while I was in Idaho was a superb highlight of the weekend for both me and my parents.

No comments: