A while back Pop and I got hooked on a Food Network show called Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (3D)! It’s the greatest show ever and we love to watch the host, Guy Fieri, moan, groan and feign over all the crazy food he eats. Guy travels around the country in his mustang trying out diners, drive-ins and dives suggested by random people or friends. He spends the show talking about the history of the place, cooking up some of the specials, and mostly just being a total ham in front of the camera. By the end of some episodes Pop and I are in tears from laughing so much.
A couple of months ago, Guy showcased a diner and a drive-in located in Virginia. As we watched I got excited that there might be a possibility that I could visit these places myself. Mum called Aunt F and she knew of BOTH places!
One morning we drove over to Wakefield, VA to eat at The Virginia Diner. All I can say, it was as great as it looked on TV! I had fried chicken, biscuits and fried potatoes and Mum had the ham biscuits (made with Smithfield Ham) and Brunswick stew. Mum and Uncle B sampled the peanut pie and the chocolate pie. Mum says the peanut pie is the way to go.
The other 3D inspired stop we made was to downtown Norfolk. To Dumar’s Cones & Barbecue. We only had ice cream while we were there … but boy did we ever have ice cream! I had a chocolate ice cream scoop on top of a fresh, handmade waffle cone and a coke-float! Hehe. I wanted about a dozen other things too … Mum had a vanilla cone and a handmade chocolate shake with bits of crushed up waffle cone in it. Let’s just say – we didn’t need too much dinner! It was fun to enjoy a real part of 3D. I was sad Pop wasn't there to enjoy it so I bought him a dozen fresh waffle cones!

3 comments:
yum.
:D
That makes me hungry. :-)
hey! you need to get in gear and write more!! i like the updates, i want to know what is going on! mid-september is much too long! Love you! :)
Post a Comment