I woke up to a rain shower this morning. I had an agenda for the day and it started with a run, but I did not really want to run in the downpour. So I waited. Finally, it quit raining and I headed out.
Most of the route was spent dodging puddles, tree limbs, and slippery patches. As I hit a long, straight stretch I took a few breaths and looked around. I noticed a motor scooter coming towards me on the sidewalk … I also saw a huge puddle of water ahead stretching across the entire path. As the distance closed between us, I realised that the moto rider was an old man. We were closing the distance; with just a few steps and a pool of water between us – I saw him hunch down, push the little moto as fast as it could go, suck the spit from his dentures and smile with a gleam in his eyes.
You know what happened next …
He drove as close to me as he could get. It was almost slow motion … as my foot touched the water, he turned to look at me with a goofy little grin and then he splashed me with as much water as his little moto could muster! Haha. I cannot say I was soaked (it was a little moto, after all), but I was wetter than I had been a few moments before.
At first, I was stunned. Did that really just happen?! The longer the day has gone on the funnier the whole scene becomes. I have enjoyed thinking of the little old man, riding his moto down the sidewalk just looking for a moment of entertainment – what better way for me to start my Saturday than to be someone’s entertainment!
I hope he went home and had another good laugh or two as he told about splashing the American with his moto. I sure have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Haha! That's pretty funny! Glad you can laugh about it.
I really enjoy reading your blog and the terrific pictures you have taken of your area. You could do a fantastic travel article with your excellent pics. and everyone would want to visit your city.
How is the lettuce doing? KH
hahaha! punk!!!!
Brent
HAHA I love this little old man, I just wish I could have seen it!
Maybe he thought you need to cool off a bit :) Glad you both got some joy. love ant k
Post a Comment