Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Should Have Known.

Tonight I had my friend E over for dinner. We arraigned ahead I would cook and she would bring dessert; I anticipated that she would bring some kind of fruit and chocolate (that's how we roll here ... love it). However, when she showed up and handed me dessert the first thought I had was "man, ignorance may be bliss ... but I should have known better!"

Cherries would be the dessert of my future!

I am sure that cherries showed up at my house tonight merely because they are the fruit du jour right now and that it really had nothing with God trying to test my intestinal fortitude and my commitment to truly being here; I could not help but chuckle to myself at the thought. And how did E choose to serve the cherries?! Well, just like every normal person around here ... wash and eat! All I can say is I bon appetit'd with the best of them.

Boy, I sure like cherries. Perhaps I can take on a few intestinal worms in exchange for sharing a bowl full of perfectly delicious cherries with a friend!?

2 comments:

shari lutschkin said...

Love it!!

Dollmaker extraordinaire said...

hahaha, it is always that way