The shops in the metro station near my flat were completely flooded out - everything from floor to ceiling was completely ruined with water. Pot holes are now classified as craters and there is even more humidity hanging in the air. Lovely.
Here are some pictures I found of the downtown area. They were taken during the second storm on Friday. I managed to get caught in the metro during this one. Thankfully the train managed to get started up again and I did not have to get out and walk through the tunnels. Trust me, that is a reallly bad thing!

Its been fun to watch the rain fall so quickly in massive amounts, but I think we could use a break for a couple of days!

4 comments:
Do you know where downtown these were taken? I've not ever seen anything like this in Kyiv.
Boy you weren't kidding when you said Major rain!!! I guess you are ready for a break, but I could sure use the rain in lieu of heat..it has been over 100 the past few days. Take care.
Camanch
Oh goodness! This is so intense! You should just wear your swimsuit from now on.
I love that the 2 girls are enjoying themselves in all that water. We would love some of that..in "quality" amounts vs "quantity" amounts. It is the reason it is so lovely there in the spring.
Post a Comment