It has been quite around here for the last couple of days. Nothing much exciting or exceptionally note worthy going on – between the snails pace of life and my ever reliably unreliable internet, I am here. Just not here.
Mostly, I have been hanging around trying not to melt from the humidity. I try not to run the oven, spend about five minutes of every hour standing in front of the ventilator (fan) blow-drying myself and I run around like a crazy woman opening all the windows after a rain shower; trying to get the cooler air to come inside. Really though, it is not that hot. It is only in the low 90’s but the 100% humidity is a bit much. They say people who live where humidity levels are high have better skin and less wrinkles … so here’s to fewer wrinkles in my old age!
I have also been watching a lot of World Cup soccer. I am mastering geography with Ukrainian names, Ukrainian intonation and I am getting pretty good at picking out jokes made by the commentators. I especially enjoyed it when one of my English classes spontaneously erupted into a lively discussion about who was going to win which match and who deserved to win the final match. People are talking about football all the time and it is on just about every television set in the city. Kinda fun.
People watching has been a prime form of entertainment for me and I have not been disappointed. I have learned many lessons of what not to wear and I am constantly wishing that others would learn the same lessons. Haha. I do not remember it bothering me as much last summer (maybe I was still shocked …) but frankly, I am tired of always seeing people’s underwear. It is called underwear for a reason. Sheesh.
I guess that is about all I have for randomness …
The volunteer groups I have been working with began to arrive on Thursday this week, one arrived on Friday and the third arrives tomorrow – so my days of lazy freedom and randomness are over … for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I chuckle at your randomness. 909
So why do I still look like a prune after living in humid Va BCH? O yes I forget It must have something to do with the number of years I have lived here. I still admit to 16
Post a Comment