Monday, May 25, 2009

A Regular Day.

It is shaping up to be a regular day. Nothing crazy, nothing unique - but I love the days as they become routine for me. It is nice that not everything is a first (though there are still plenty). Life is shaping into normal here and I am enjoying that.

Last night we had a thunder storm (which is actually unusual around here) and it was fun to sit in my kitchen with my house mate ... first making dinner and studying Russian, then making cookies and studying Russian all while listening to it storm outside.

Sunday evening I was walking home from dinner and I realised it was still light outside at 845pm and it made me smile.

One the way home from an errand downtown a few days ago, I ran into the аптека (apteka) to grab some lotion, conditioner and a few other random things. As I was walking down the street with my bag, I smiled at how normal doing that felt.

I laughed at myself last week when I was on my way home from the seminary - I was thirsty and still had about a fifteen minute walk left before I got home, so I stopped and bought a juice box. Then I just walked along, drinking my orange juice, just like the nationals do! I think at that point I felt a little bit like I had arrived.

Maybe all the sunshine and warm temperatures are the reason for all of this - or maybe I am just finally seeing all of the blessings in my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are beginning to feel more at home now. I too love thunderstorms as long as I don't have to worry about tornados! ant k

Anonymous said...

Bet you never thought you'd see the day:) pd

The 4 Milams said...

I smiled as I read and thought of you. They are true blessings and an answer to many prayers for you. As the saying goes "You've come a long way baby!"