Thursday, May 14, 2009

Too Many Lilacs?

Can you have to many pictures of flowers?! Specifically lilacs?! If anyone could, it would be me. If there were ever a place to facilitate such a thing it would be Kyiv Botanical Gardens during the last weeks of May. My housemate, J, is leaving Kyiv on Saturday to return to America and she really wanted to go to the Botanical Gardens to see the lilacs. On Tuesday night we all piled into the metro and headed out.

The Gardens were beautiful. I have been hearing for some time now ... "just wait till the botanical gardens are in bloom with the lilacs" ... they sure did not disappoint. I tried to narrow down the pictures ... so as not to bore you all with a hundred pictures of what looks like the same lilac tree!
The views across the river are looking from the left side of the Dnieper River to the right side (where I live). And of course, being such wonderful children that we all are - we took turns having someone take our obligatory "for Mum picture."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

and Mum loves the picture.

Uncle Steve said...

I see the cold water hasn't hurt. LOL

Anonymous said...

The lilacs are gorgeous - I really like the photo with the church (with onion bulb towers) and town behind. The smell must have been overwhelming but delightful. ant k

The 4 Milams said...

Muito bonito! I bet it smelled WONDERFUL!

Anonymous said...

What gorgeious flowers--and you look pretty good, too:) pd

Anonymous said...

Oh Susanna! I am so--- jealous!!! Lilacs are my very, very, very, very MOST favorite flower! They just don't smell as heady in NC as they do in the northern states - guess they need colder winters!ha!Love, Sue in NC