Monday, December 7, 2009
According To The Directions.
The recipe said it would yield 48 ... somehow I managed to get 12! I suppose it is not a secret how I only got 12 (and no I did not eat them all before I counted ...)
First, I had to jerry-rigg a double boiler to melt my chocolate. Lovely, I know.
Then I melted the beautiful, wonderful and delicious Korona chocolate.
I mixed up the yummy goodness for the middle of my treat.
And added it to the previously chilled "cups" of chocolate. Anybody know where I am going with this one?! Haha. Yep. Peanut Butter Cups. Here is where the answer of why 12 instead of 48 comes in. It is simply because the recipe called for petit four cases (yeah, I had to look up what that even was). Shock of the century to discover that I do not have such a thing in my kitchen. So my peanut butter cups were modified in muffin tins. If you do the math you will quickly discover that my muffin tins are 4 times bigger than the average petit four case. Thus only 12 instead of 48.
Never the less, I had some dough left (and no more muffin tins) so I rolled the remainder into balls to make peanut butter balls like my Mum does. She's brilliant.
I chilled the treats in my wonderful freezer - big enough to hold the world. I like to call it The Porch.
Evidence of the delicious chocolate. 600 grams worth! Who could resist.
Finished product. The balls.
The cups.
And one for a taste test. I think they were pretty good - we will see what my official taste tester says tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Your PBBalls look good. Pop never does care what it looks like just so long as there are lots. tu mama
YUMMY!! LT
They all look so good..I imagine these will go over as beautifully as your Thanksgiving cookies.
Love, Shari
Your double boiler looks like one that a cooking show host uses. Looks to me like it worked just fine. Make some more for me :)
Love ya, Ant K
WHERE'S THE RECIPE??!?
Post a Comment