Monday, December 21, 2009

Better Than A Vacuum.

I suppose the middle of a snow storm is the best time as any to clean the rugs in the house. Right?! Why not. This was the scene all over the neighborhood yesterday and several people are out today (I will argue that those out today are smarter because it is a sunny snowfall free day, so far). I am sure you are wondering exactly how one goes about cleaning rugs outside in the middle of a snow covered field?! Well, I would love to satisfy your curiosity.First, you roll up your rug, get bundled up and head outside ...Let your wife pick the best (read that cleanest) spot to lay out your rug ...Throw the rug down and unroll it on the freshly fallen snow ...Then proceed to kick some of that fresh snow onto the rug ...Continue this until the entire rug is covered ... Once it is covered (to the point that it looks like you are sweeping snow) begin brushing the snow around on the rug with your broom or special "rug cleaning stick" ... Then drag the brushed rug over the the football goal posts ...And hoist the rug over the posts ...So you can beat all the wet, now dirty sow, off it. Once that is complete, roll the rug and go home. Where you will need to drink several hot cups of tea and sit on the radiator so you actually begin to feel your fingers and toes. Seriously, I do not make this stuff up. Who needs a vacuum when there is fresh falling(en)snow?! Haha.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes, vacummning would be easier but this sounds like a lot more fun. ant k

Dollmaker extraordinaire said...

I think that is soooo cool. Well I am laughing so hard, mostly at you and me for finding this so strange.I will definately buy a rug when I move north and try it out. tu mama

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shari Lutschkin said...

Toooo funny!!!

Jan Jansen said...

but you will never get such result with a vacuum cleaner - the rug stay really fresh

it is a kind of traditions - there were times when a vacuum cleaner was a luxury, while snow - not :-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.