Friday, May 8, 2009

Flowers.

From home.
In case it was not obvious, home has been on my mind a lot lately. Maybe it is because I just realised I have been here three months or because B is moving or summer is here and I have begun to be aware of the weddings, graduations and family functions I will be missing. I suppose it could be a combination of all of these and several more.

Mum sends me pictures of the flowering plants in the yard and I had to laugh when these pictures came. How different desert flowers are from flowers here! They are certainly unique. I suppose this is true of me. I have always gotten comments about how much I talk to my family, how I should be able to get by without being constantly involved with them and wanting to fill them in on my life. Sometimes I wonder if these comments are right. Then I think to myself - "nawh, I am okay with it." Haha. I know what a blessing it is to be close to my family ... for them to be more than my family ... to be my friends. I am thankful for a time when I can instantly communicate with them any time (except for the little time difference, haha!). Even though I cannot hug them like I might want to, I can share in their lives and them in mine.

Just as there is unique beauty in desert flowers - there is unique beauty in the relationship I have with my family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pop's climbing the roof to get the palo verde flowers today, and I already got the desert willows, the desert is truely in bloom.I will try to get him in action. tu mama

Anonymous said...

You have a very wonderful relationship with your family and there is no reason to change it. I miss your family and you lots too. Ant K

Anonymous said...

Well said. pd