Monday, May 4, 2009

What Better Way To Kick Off A Month.

Than with a new pair of shoes, of course!
You knew that it would not be long before I caved and bought some new shoes ... I found these at a shop in the рынок (renok, small market). I saw them in the morning when I was walking through on my own - I could not decide ... should I .... should I not? I did not straight away. I went back later in the afternoon with my shopping buddies because I needed a second opinion. After going back and forth with the shop owner trying to get the right size; there was a huge issues trying to figure out if she was asking about the shoes (referring to the ones on my feet) or the shoes (referring to the ones still on the shelf); I finally bought them ... even though they are a size 235!

That is another interesting thing about trying to shop here. I not only have to figure out how to communicate what I want, but I also have to figure out what size I need. That depends on where the item came from - all of the size scales are different depending on what country it came from. Oh the joys!

I guess I will just have to buy more shoes till I get it figured out ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your plan to buy more shoes to figure out the correct size. That just shows your 'logical' thinking process! Ha!
Love ya, Ant K

The 4 Milams said...

There are so cute. I agree, you must by more to make sure you have the right size and what better way to practice your language skills!

Anonymous said...

Size 235 - LOL. A little less than 10 inches heal to toe. 909

Anonymous said...

i like those! they are really cute!!!
kbog

Rachel said...

Building up your international shoe collection I see - very cute indeed!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! and they look comfy too!
~RBog

Uncle Steve said...

This shoe thing, could this be a lust issue? I wonder.