Friday, September 4, 2009

Random Musings.

I love running through neighborhoods in Vegas because every now and again I catch the scent that billows out of dryer vents as the dryers work overtime to dry the freshly laundered clothes. Dryers are pretty non-existent in Ukraine and if you have one its a "vent-less" dryer that does not actually omit any wonderful scents of freshly laundered clothes.

I love running on the streets of Kyiv because there are people on the streets. Inevitably, when I pass a group of these people someone will have showered in cologne. The scent of them lingers in the air as I run though; leaving me with something nice to smell for a few steps.

Back to school here is so much fun. All of the students wear uniforms to school and so each morning as they are boarding their various modes of transportation the neighborhoods are littered with kids wearing dark suits, crisp white shirts and dress shoes all while toting along their bright pink princess backpacks (do not worry ... the boys are not carrying pink princess backpacks!)

My flatmate has been laughing at my marthastewartness lately. I suppose this is because of all the cooking/baking/back porch gardening I have been doing. Only, she quit laughing when I gave her the coffee cake. She now only makes the marthastewart comment in hopes that something equally delicious is coming out of the oven soon. Just wait till my mint plant roots and I make her a cup of piping hot fresh mint tea ...

2 comments:

Seth, Jen, Hannah, Cailyn, and Isaac said...

Seth and I were just talking about the righteous baked goods we got from your Mum in VA...her little Hannah doll is on display in our living room!!

We could use a touch of your Marthastewartness, too!! ;o) We miss you loads!

Anonymous said...

18 months in Kyiv will make you a great cook 909