Have I ever told you how much I love football (soccer)? I really love football. In any form. As a player taking on the field, as a coach jumping up and down with excitement on the side line or as a spectator in the stands rooting and cheering on my boys to victory. I even like sitting in a pub with a bunch of rowdy hooligans watching the footie on the big screen!
Some of my favourite times during college were traveling on a big yellow bus, coaching my girls in their game and then getting back on that bus to go home together. High school girls are quite fun ... very dramatic but pretty funny, most entertaining and never boring!
Well, move over high school girls and make room for those middle school girls. Today I found myself self on yet another yellow bus (really it was a marshutka) en route to yet another football pitch.

That is right, dudes - I am coaching again! I took on the head coaching position for the middle school girls at Kyiv Christian Academy (one of the international schools here in Kyiv). It is their first year to have a middle school girls soccer team and the potential for our season is good. Today was our first game. For some of these girls it was there first experience of ever stepping on to a football field. We were the newbies for sure ... but the girls played hard and gave it everything they had. It was fun!
3 comments:
I wish you could see me jumping up and down right now. I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! HOW COOL IS THAT! I can't wait to here how it all came about.
Your girls look sooooo cute. Are you ever going to get away from blue and gold? Way to to Coach.
Glad you are having fun. Good luck to them. Expect great things express care and compassion regardless. 909
Post a Comment