Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rain.

Today, on my walk to the seminary (in the rain); I was walking down this one road that has huge trees lining both sides of the walk. The leaves of the trees had turned yellow and fallen. It had rained (and was raining) and for a moment I thought of Zion and the fall smells. The crisp cool air, the crunch of wet sand on pavement under my feet, soggy ground around me and the breeze that brings winter. Can't have to many of those thoughts - makes me want to come home.

It really is getting colder and colder here. Today the wind is cold and its overcast with rain. I am just waiting to wake up one morning and see snow outside.

1 comment:

Dollmaker extraordinaire said...

I came to Virginia and was surprised by fall too. It rained and the leaves are falling off the tree and it is really chilly here. I too was surprised by fall. tu mama