Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Moment.

On my way home today I came across this scene:

A бабушка*(grandmother) was walking five steps ahead of her внучка (granddaughter). She was carrying the her granddaughter's doll whilst walking along slowly waiting on the little girl to make some progress towards their destination.

As I was drawing closer to them, the бабушка turned and said to the little girl, "наташа, что ты делаете?" (Natasha, what are you doing?)

The little girl looked at me and smiled. Then she cupped her hand over her mouth in an effort to stifle a giggle. I smiled back at her. As I kept walking, her grandmother looked backed and laughed herself.

"наташа, ты смешная девочка!" (Natasha, you are an amusing girl!) It was such a sweet exchange between a little girl and her grandmother.

*I am trying to teach myself to type in Russian - please bear with me! Haha.

2 comments:

Dollmaker extraordinaire said...

Это в порядке, я люблю это МАМА

Anonymous said...

Not внучка, but внучки (was walking five steps ahead of her granddaughter == шла на 5 шагов впереди ее внучки)

Not "что ты делаете?", but "что ты делаешь?".