The people were nice. Not just nice ... voluntarily helpful with a smile! The city was clean and orderly. Organised in a manner that made sense to my mind. Even standing in the queue was amazing! It has been a long while since I have experienced the queue being respected and managed in a proper manner. Buildings were colourful, warm and inviting. The city flowed with beauty and functionality - telling the story of her people and their nationalistic pride and presence of individual thought and progress.
It has been hard to reconcile in my mind (and in my daily life) two countries with mirriored histories becoming so vastly different in such a short time of freedom.

1 comment:
As usual, I love your pictures/commentary. I am so glad to get a Lgotk "fix" as my computer has been at the computer doctor's and I was using a loaner.pd
Post a Comment